Listed here are several local attractions that we can recommend to you during your stay.
- Mirehouse - The Spedding family welcome your to their home on the shore of Bassenthwaite Lake. The house, gardens and grounds are open to visitors.
- Keswick Mountain Bikes - Sales, service and hire all year round.
- Keswick Pencil Museum - See the worlds largest pencil and many other fascinating items on display.
- Keswick Launch - Enjoy a journey aboard one of the wonderful launches on Derwentwater. Daytime and evening sailings.
- Theatre By the Lake - Offers a impressive selection of Plays, Exhibitions and Music
- Thornthwaite Gallery - A superb gallery including work from local artists and craftsmen, with tearoom.
- The Old Sawmill - A lovely tearoom just down the road at the foot of Dodd fell.
- Here you can View the Osprey nest, from a view point.
- Whinlatter Forest - Enjoy the visitors centre and all the forest walks.
- The Cumbrian Way passes just above Willow Cottage.
- The Village of Caldbeck is highly recommended, with its Inns, tea rooms and craft shops.
“Last but NOT least are the Lakeland Fells. One of the highest is Skiddaw a good days walk from the cottage, or just wander along country lanes with the scent of wildflowers.”